One of the most important sites of Northern Italy, reported by A. Issel in 1864 and then excavated by Luigi Bernabò Brea and Luigi Cardini (1940-42 and 1948-50). They are undergoing new stratigraphic research.
With a presence from the Upper Paleolithic, the Neolithic, and even in successive eras, even historical, it has returned evidence of the highest importance.
For the Paleolithic, the burials of nineteen individuals are attributable.
Concerning the parietal art of interest here is the “Giuseppe Vicino gallery”, in the portable art some findings are associated with a burial and some painted pebbles.